Conference & Events Assistant
What will I be doing?
As a Casual Food and Beverage Assistant, you are responsible for working in all areas of Food and Beverage as needed to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Casual Food and Beverage Assistant will also be required to take and deliver customer orders and work to achieve departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference and Events
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service
- Prepare set ups for tables and/or rooms
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Strive to achieve departmental targets
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
What are we looking for?
A Casual Food and Beverage Assistant serving Kew Green brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Food and Beverage and/or industry experience
- Experience with cash handling
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations
- Who are Kew Green Hotels?
- Our family tree has been growing since 2001, but we have come a long way from our single hotel. We now have 55 hotels in our UK portfolio, offering careers across a range of international brands including IHG, Marriott, Accor and Hilton Hotels & Resorts. And if that isn’t enough, we additionally offer unique opportunities internationally, through our Chinese parent company.
- Despite our size, you can speak to any member of our management community and they will tell you that we remember our modest beginnings and we still feel very much like a family. A family who enjoy working together – over 89% of respondents in our recent employee survey told us they are satisfied or very satisfied working with us!
- Food for thought? Get in touch with your team on site directly to find out more.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £7.83 /hour