What you’ll get -
A team (well, family) who trust and invest in you personally and professionally as a Maintenance Assistant. We have actually made a promise to train every single person every single day – the world really is your oyster (or paint-brush)!A unique package including free gym membership and discount on international travel.
Who you’ll be
Hopefully by now you can see that we work hard but we laugh hard too. The Maintenance Assistant we’re looking for will have a genuine passion for exceptional guest experience and takes pride in hotel they work in, looking after every inch of the building. Without this person, everything would (quite literally) fall apart.
We believe in striving for outstanding but gestures don’t always have to be big – it’s the little things, the finer details, that really count in this industry.
We don’t mind if you have experience as a Maintenance Assistant or if you’re just really handy with DIY, we just want you to read what we’re all about and think: ‘Huh! That’s just like me!’
Here at the Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel, we know that each and every member of our team consistently pursues outstanding – and this is why we trust them to find innovative and creative way to make your customers smile.
Your role is to ensure our hotel premises are safe and functional for guests and employees alike as instructed by you line manager.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect the hotel regularly to ensure it meets safety standards
- Carry out routine maintenance in hotel rooms, lobbies and facilities
- Respond quickly to resolve emergency issues
- Help to reduce hotel operating costs and conserve energy
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven experience as a Hotel Maintenance assistant or similar
- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Ability to spot safety risks and address needs quickly
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Efficient & Organised
- Focussed on results
- Forward thinking
- Problem solving
- Flexible to guest needs
- Accommodating & Cooperative
What’s in it for me?
- Discounts across retail, restaurants, events etc (because we know life isn’t just about work)
- Family and Friends discounts in hotels across the Kew Green Hotels estate
- Leisure Club / Gym free membership
- International Travel at Employee Rate for other branded hotels within our brand family (and you’re not just limited to good old Britain – our family has hotels that span all over the world!)
- Meals for free on shift – hard work is hungry work!
- Progression - room to grow, with opportunities across the UK and internationally
- Uniform provided
- Flexible attitude and working hours
Contact: Andrew Dolan
Job ID: 87454405