What will I be doing?
As Receptionist, you will provide reception services for Guests to contribute to an overall exceptional experience from check-in through check-out and complete audits, as required. A Receptionist contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Achieve positive outcomes from Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure an efficient reception experience for Guests, including check in/out, and complete audit procedures, as required
- Ensure that both the Reception Manager and Reception Supervisors are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or, other departments
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times
- Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team's training and development efforts
- Demonstrate a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties
- Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Use the correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Follow company brand standards
- Assist other departments, as necessary
What are we looking for?
Receptionists serving Kew Green Hotels are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Completed high school certificate or equivalent
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in cash handling
Who are Kew Green Hotels?
Our family tree has been growing since 2001, but we have come a long way from our single hotel. We now have 55 hotels in our UK portfolio, offering careers across a range of international brands including IHG, Marriott, Accor and Hilton Hotels & Resorts. And if that isn’t enough, we additionally offer unique opportunities internationally, through our Chinese parent company.
Despite our size, you can speak to any member of our management community and they will tell you that we remember our modest beginnings and we still feel very much like a family. A family who enjoy working together – over 89% of respondents in our recent employee survey told us they are satisfied or very satisfied working for us!
Food for thought? Get in touch directly to find out more information.
Job Type / Category
The role is for 24 hours per week and shifts can range any time between 7am to 11pm and shifts can be any day of the week from Monday to Sunday. General shift times are 7am - 3pm, 8am - 4pm or 3pm - 11pm however other shift periods can be scheduled based on needs of business. Shifts are generally 8 hours however they can range anywhere from 6hrs to 12 hrs depending on the needs of the business. This is a permanent contract of 39 hours per week.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Previous knowledge of Reslynx or other Front Office related programmes would be beneficial but not essential.
A second language would also be beneficial but again not essential.
Full training of Reslynx system will be provided as well as on the job shadowing and training.
One meal is provided for breaks 8hrs or over.
6hr shifts receive a 20 minute break and 8 hour shifts receive a 30 minute break.
Team members that pass their probation will benefit form preferential staff rates at Kew Green Hotels subject to availability.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £8.21 /hour